May 15, 2009

Web 2.0 Technology - Freemind

I had put this slideshow up on the Social text site, but I don't know if anyone knew that it was there. I would call myself a Web 2.0 technology fledgling because you have to really take the time to learn and embrace it, and that depends on the individual user. So this was my fledgling attempt to understand Freemind mind mapping software.



Would I use Freemind for my mind mapping needs?
Probably not for the daily things that I might need to brainstorm about. It does take a minute to understand all of the functions and getting them to work in the way that you need them too. For instance I had an issue with moving the location of the mindmap.
I would use it for large scale brainstorming, like if I was going to storyboard a video project, plan certain activities, or to breakdown info.
Overall, it s a helpful tool. I liked that you can color code certain nodes and all of the other decorative changes that you can make to personalize your mindmap.

No comments:

Post a Comment