May 15, 2009

Interface Design Critique - EDU 2.0 website

So this website definitely had a lot going on, that was the first thing that struck me, it was very busy and very blue.

Information Design:
I understood that the potential users were for teachers, but I couldn't tell if students could use the site as well. The page says an 'easy way to teach and learn online,'so i assumed the learning part was directed towards students, not that teachers aren't students as well. I felt that the information on the page seemed to be grouped "chunked" together well with large headings and graphics that made it clear what the section was about. Everything on the page was consistent with teachers teaching and learning.

Interactivity:

What I did find off putting and distracting was that fact there wasn't anything clickable on the page. It took me a few seconds to realize that you can't access anything until you sign in, even then you have to create an account. So I'm think there has got to be some top secret info behind the scenes, but really it's a community for teachers with information that is specific for them.

On screen Design:
The initial page was too blue and green and needed some more contrasting colors, but once you log in the other pages are not as overwhelming. The colors are more pleasing to the eyeballs and the user can navigate around just as easily.

2 comments:

  1. I truly relish whilst I go through your blogs and articles.
    ppi claims credit cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im inspired with the exceptional and instructive contents that you provide in such short timing.
    ppi claims credit cards

    ReplyDelete