April 14, 2009

Project Management 4/9/09

Well, this was kind of ironic, for me, that we had a guest speaker giving a talk on project management. Considering, that I am currently working on some video projects with a client and could use a bit more 3P management structure. I can understand how trying to a (medium-large scale) project on your own a) needs structure and b) without it can get out of control, especially those that have a time frame.

Collaboration is critical!!! Hear Hear!!

Everything is a project - which requires management. This statement rings loud and clear for lots of reasons. I mean how often do we (as in people) sit around wishing, hoping and waiting for life to happen for them, to them. Frustrated that things don't go their way or the way that they want it to go. Always looking inward instead of at the bigger picture. Seeing the forests through the trees.
Life is an ongoing project that requires the 3P's and the 5 steps to make it work.

I love it when work and life lessons collaborate harmoniously together. It's huckleberry lemonade.

***I especially liked the point that you should Do Celebrated Work.

I have found that (in the Itec program especially) if I try to approach projects and assignments from an aspect that I am not totally familiar with (teacher, Inst. designer) that I struggle with them more. Like i'm trying to be something that I am not. L-Directed Thinking. However, I can find the lessons a bit easier if I work with subjects that I do know and use that to dissect the ITEC way of thinking, teaching and learning. R-Directed Thinking. I guess, every now and then you have to switch to the other hemisphere in order to get the project done.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the idea of doing celebrated work, too. My experience with Project Management has been with projects that I sometimes just didn't take a lot of pride in (because of the requirments of my employers).

    ReplyDelete